Wonderfully naturalCotton is the most widely used textile in clothing today. It is a soft, fluffy staple fibre that grows in a ball of the cotton plant. As soon as the plant matured the ball bursts open in a soft and white wool which could be collected by hand or machine for fabric.
Unlike traditional cotton, organic cotton is produced without pesticides, herbicides, insecticides or other chemicals such as conventional fertilizers. This is possible through the use of beneficial organisms. They prevent vermins from harming the crops in a natural way. All fertilizers used for organic-farming are of natural origin, which also prevents the pollution of the ground water. Cultivating organic cotton also reduces water consumption thanks to a very old production technique, called "crop rotation". Changing the type of crops cultivated on a field regularly increases its fertility. The organic cotton used by CORA Happywear is cultivated and collected in Greece.
We have chosen this cloth as it provides many benefits for our skin:
- high sensation of cosiness on the skin
- softer and with a higher breathable than the traditional cotton
Washing instructions: washmachine at 30°C.
Prodotti in Cotone organico (box con prodotti, call to action-shop now)
Advantages of the organic cotton compared to the traditional cotton?
- Unlike traditional cotton, organic cotton is growth without pesticide, herbicide, insecticide or any other chemical such as conventional fertilizers.
- Cultivating organic cotton also reduces water consumption thanks to a very old production technique, called "crop rotation”
- The cultivation of organic cotton is GMO free.