More and more people are approaching disciplines such as yoga and pilates. Do you already know what to wear?
"Comfort" is the KeywordIf you want to take care of your body, mind and soul, it is essential that the clothing you choose for the practice is comfortable. Clothing should not be a hindrance, but should facilitate your movements. Just as yoga has the great quality of adapting to your needs and not the other way around, so yoga clothing, too, must adapt perfectly to the type of exercise you are going to do and this also applies to clothing for pilates. Whether you choose a more dynamic style or prefer meditation, the clothes you wear should be as pleasant and comfortable as a second skin to fully enjoy the practice, without distractions.
Details that make the difference
When you choose to do yoga or pilates, you're choosing to do something for yourself that makes you feel good. Even the smallest details make the difference. That's why it's important to choose to wear what you like, but above all what makes you feel comfortable and at peace with yourself. While it may seem superficial to talk about a suitable yoga look, it's actually not. Clothing can be a faithful ally or an obstacle to practice. If it is true that the eye also wants its share, you must be able to feel free to express yourself in all your beauty, inside and outside. If you feel beautiful outside, you will feel beautiful inside and vice versa.
The Perfect Yoga Outfit!
Choosing the right clothing for yoga and pilates is easy. Yoga, in its wisdom, teaches us to make room and eliminate all the superfluous, so even the outfit can only be simple and essential and not necessarily you have to opt for Indian clothing. You just need to wear a pair of trousers or leggings, a tank top or a t-shirt.
- Avoid clothes that are too oversize and do not facilitate movement.
- Avoid T-shirts and vests that are too wide
- "Less is more" avoids clothing with buttons, hooks, zips or other details that could bother you during the positions on the ground. Yes to flat seams, comfortable underwear and general minimalism.
- If you practice a more dynamic style of yoga such as ashtanga yoga or power yoga, leggings are definitely the best choice. Comfortable and tight-fitting, they adapt to your practice and follow you in your movements, without hindering you.
- Keep your body warm throughout the practice.
- Choose lightweight, breathable fabrics. Among the natural and ecological fabrics, the eucalyptus (Tencel) is one of the best choices, recommended especially for more static practices. Eucalyptus, soft and warm on the skin, helps to absorb sweat and keep the body dry.